The lean, tender meat that makes up this product is pulled from slowly-roasted whole duck then shredded to the perfect working size. This product is incredibly versatile – use in tacos, salads, sandwiches, wraps and even poutine! Best of all its unflavoured so you can spice anyway you like it!
Recipe: Duck Sliders with Plum Sriracha Sauce and Cucumber-Radish Pickle
- 1 500 g pkg Pulled Duck Meat, thawed
- 20 (approx) mini burger buns
Plum Sriracha Sauce:
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) plum sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each soy sauce & apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 mini seedless cucumbers
- 5 – 6 small radishes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
Makes 20 sliders.
- Separate duck meat into shreds using fingers. Set aside
- Combine sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in duck meat and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumbers and radishes into julienne strips, about 1-inch (2.5 cm).
- Place in small bowl and add remaining ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour.
- To serve: place a small amount of duck filling on bottom side of each bun. Drain cucumber mixture and use to top duck filling. Top with bun tops and serve.